Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Sheldon Lake (really a pond) in Ft. Collins? Its that big puddle in City Park. I always see people fishing it and I wonder what kind of fish it has in it. Anyone know?

·
Registered
578 Posts
It gets stocked with trout. There are actually some pretty nice ones in that little puddle! I never fish it but a friend of mine does occasionally.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Back befor they drained it, i used to pull 1 to 3 pound large mouth out of there, from a float tube. fished it last fall from shore and caught quite a few nice stockers out of there. Yet to try it this year, so let us know if you do any good.

·
Registered
636 Posts
they just drained it not too long ago to remove the old sediment. They are going to stock it with catfish, bass, and crappie but it will be a few years until they are of decent size. The DOW does stock it with stocker trout though and it was stocked in April.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rainbow trout huh......I guess me and my Altoid/ fly box will have to go check it out...thanks

Pondfisher

·
Registered
578 Posts
Farrier746 said:
Back befor they drained it, i used to pull 1 to 3 pound large mouth out of there, from a float tube.  fished it last fall from shore and caught quite a few nice stockers out of there.  Yet to try it this year, so let us know if you do any good.
Float tubes are allowed in there?? I didn't think they would allow them there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
scorpion_bsk said:
Unless the rules have changed over the last couple of years (wich is possible)  tubes for fishing are allowed. I'll see if i can't find something in the reg's to clarify.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Farrier746 said:
scorpion_bsk said:
Unless the rules have changed over the last couple of years (wich is possible)  tubes for fishing are allowed. I'll see if i can't find something in the reg's to clarify.
Cool, that would be great!

·
Registered
280 Posts
They ruined my favorite fishing hole. I remeber the first year they put trout back into it the lake went in an oxygen debt and it killed a large number of fish from crappies to trout to bass you couldnt stande to walk around the thing for better then 2 weeks. Grrrrrrrrr trout do not belong in warm water period.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts