Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've seen alot of jigging reports for walleye, and not knowing if I should take the boat out or not, I went down to Pueblo Res. on Sat and tried something I used to do for salmon in Washington and Kala in Hawaii. I didn't know if it would work, but tried anyways. Not sure if it has been done here or not in Colorado. But you will never know until you try it.

From the shore, I used a 3" sliding foam float with a crippled herring and some weight, I guessed on the depth and started casting out into the water. I released some line till the stopper hit the float and started jiggin' the herring. ( I had to adjust after every throw) About the 6th cast, low and behold, a 9.5 inch walleye. I caught about 2 more smaller ones within the next hour, then it stopped and nothing else. It was in the middle of the day on the north walls. Only problem is guessing the depth, trial and error seems to work, but if you dont have alot of lures then adjust your depth slowly.

All in all, caught 3 walleyes, lost 6 lures, 2 floats but had a blast. Might have to take the boat out next time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts