Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm going to be heading down from Alberta Canada for a fly fishing trip this week. Planning on fishing the South Platte and Arkansas River while I'm down but was also hoping to hook into some of your warm water species that we don't have in Alberta. Bass, Musky, Sunfish, Wiper, Carp are all on my wish list. Any tips on where I might have some luck from shore this time of year? I have a vehicle rented for the week so distance isn't an issue if its worth it.

Thanks in advance.
-FishTech

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
lots of great reservoirs in and around the area that you can find out tons of info on by looking at the Colorado parks and wildlife website

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Coming from Canada to Colorado for a fishing trip? I thought Canada had musky?? Or maybe just not in Alberta. Carp are in most bodies of water here, if you drive past a pond chances are it has carp in it. A lot of our waters have sunfish too, it may still be a little early to get into those I don't usually fish for them this time a year. Good luck with wiper. Bass are in most bodies of water too here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts