Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been to pueblo res. You don't have to give up your secret spot, but will you tell me if a 2 hour drive to shore fish pueblo would be a waste? Are there some decent shore opportunities? Typical condition tips and other things to think about there?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
You wont be getting into trout there. You best bet would be tossing a jerkbait throughout the evening and into dark to get into walleyes on rocky shorelines. It's active fishing....not bait fishing by any means. Might be able to snake a bass or two with a crankbait as well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You wont be getting into trout there. You best bet would be tossing a jerkbait throughout the evening and into dark to get into walleyes on rocky shorelines. It's active fishing....not bait fishing by any means. Might be able to snake a bass or two with a crankbait as well.

I'd actually like a break from trout, that's why I was thinking pueblo. always happy for active fishing. I only throw bait out when nothing is working and I don't want to be totally skunked. more than happy to stand there and watch the sun set while I cast.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to John Martin instead
not opposed to learning about that one, but it's an extra hour to hour and a half drive from my house. probably not in the cards for this trip.

what do you like about John Martin? why better than pueblo?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
you can fish from shore in a lot of places, the north shore has the most places to fish the dam is good and the south marina area can be good. if you don't mind walking away from your car you can do well at times. suspending baits parallel to shore is best most of the time

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
not opposed to learning about that one, but it's an extra hour to hour and a half drive from my house. probably not in the cards for this trip.

what do you like about John Martin? why better than pueblo?
Less pressure because of the location. Better fishing in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts