Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at heading down and fishing the taylor river tomorrow and thursday comming back thursday night. already looked at a hotel in Almont that sites right on the river and only 15 or so miles from the dam and they only want $70 for one night with and thats for 2 people. Ill drive there just need to split the room cost at 35 each, looking at leaving either tonight or early wensday morning more likely. ill be leaving from Co Springs. let me know can take up to 3 people. If you want to go pm me with your number. Adam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i know very short notice and a weekday, anyways the weather has turned for the good so ill be heading to fish the dream and spinney bc i wasnt going to fish new water and travel that distance alone. well tight lines and good luck, ill post later about the conditions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well sense the short notice trip didn't pan out, i hit up the dream and let me tell you it was not a dream only two fish caught one cuttie and one bow and didnt see any others holding in any of the normal pools above the bridge. So i went up and hit spinneyand there was no good had only one taker and it broke me off with a scud, so then i went down and hit the canyon and let me tell you what a treat. I end up catching 8 fish in 2.5hrs all on size 24 dry midges on 7x if it had 6 it was a nogo.would post pics but still trying to figure it out. Maybe next time, ill be looking a putting a trip together in the end of May and fish for three days, looking at staying in state or just across the border any suggestion would help. take care and tight lines, tomorrow ill be taking the boy fishing last time he out fished me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Will make it out for one of them epic trips like the Smokies runs we use to make at Knox. Glad you got out and got on some with some dries. Next time try a cripple midge in the film behind the dry and you'll pull even more in the canyon. You cna bump to 6X or even 5X there if you use Flouro, grease up all but the last foot of the tippet. Let us know how you and Owen do and please learn how to post pics.
Put this #22 Cripple

Behind this#24 Adams Para midge

Have a Good 'Urn,
bones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts