Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

The plan was to go to Nee Gronda yesterday after the success we had last week but due to some last minute change; my buddies wanted to have a picnic for their kids that just graduated from high school Saturday so they changed the fishing trip to Sunday instead. Since Eads is 3 hours away and tomorrow is work day so I chose to stay home. They called me to their home at 8:00pm to show me these. These fish were caught from 12:30pm to 3:00pm in 20 ft of water using crawdads. They also caught a 15" crappie which they ate it at the camp site along with 4 wipers.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Wow nice job!...Slayer is going to like the Scott's Fertilizer Lawn Of Death!...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dang It !! If only we could use dynamite we could kill all the fish in the lake! Man that'd be fun fer the kids.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Those fish grew. I got a ton there last year late in the summer. Since u didnt go your friends called you so u could clean the fish for them?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No cleaning fish, just have to take pictures and some griefs about being a wuss and not going on a Sunday. However, I got a beer and 3 fish to take home. Also, nice fish at Lake Mac. HNL. I guess that's why you keep pouring money in the Corn Husker's country. Go Buffs.

·
Registered
16,795 Posts
Nee Grande is hot right now. Love that lawn of death!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yakatut,

My buds fished from a boat. I seen some people fished from shore at the South side the week before last Sunday but I don't know if they did any good. You would do lots better with a boat.
Slayer, nice fish! I am glad you got some keepers. The last time I fished there, I caught and reluctantly released a 14.5" saugeyey that took a bait meant for wiper. It would have tasted great in the frying pan. Hope I can make it this weekend or wait until next year.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
walleyecetcher said:
Dang It !! If only we could use dynamite we could kill all the fish in the lake! Man that'd be fun fer the kids.
Use rotenone instead. Dynamite is dangerous and besides, the homeland security folks take notice when you order a lot. Rotenone is odorless, tasteless, and makes all the fish in the lake float to the surface. It's just as fun for the kids.

·
Registered
16,795 Posts
walleyecetcher said:
Dude,the lake will prolly dry up anyway and all the fish will die. I say catch and eat as many as you can.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Don't eat the floaters though. You'll start to feel a heaviness in your chest and turn purple. That's before you start seizing and pouring bodily fluids out of every orifice. :D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
neegronda has some deep holes well dont know how deep now but were hoping deep

but yes all the fish you catch enjoy and eat them

neenoshe is not as deep its deepest point is like 14 foot so if you catch any fish out of that lake keep it well unless its a walleye and it under 15 then toss it back so you dont get into trouble

1 - 14 of 14 Posts