Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured we would easily get limits of legal eyes. Wrong.Only eye was 7" and caught on a blade. That perch is 13" long for reference.

1Perch, 3 crappie, 5 smallies, 2 drum, 1 bullhead, 1 walleye, 4 gills.

I lost 3 monster carp, saw 1 it was easily 15 lbs actually broke it off using 6lb nano. 2 others were halfway to spooling me b4 they happily popped off.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
nice mike caught two ten pound carp at Barr today both on blades, nothing else might have been the only two fish caught out there today

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice mike caught two ten pound carp at Barr today both on blades, nothing else might have been the only two fish caught out there today
Lots of baby shadlings to compete with. And a full moon.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Bah, there's only 1 species that mattered out of the ones you listed: crappie. Undersized and trash fish don't count. ;D But it is indeed an monumental feat to catch all those species at Barr. ;)

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gill tacos are superb. Just saying-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Gill tacos are superb. Just saying-
Too much work for too little meat. I have never filleted a gill and can't remember the last time I kept one. But gills are tasty.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Better than gill tacos is gill salad (like tuna salad): microwave until they turn white and carefully fold in your mixins (mayo, S&P, onion, etc), toast, lettuce and oh boy!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
according to the CPW surveys.. that crappie is a rarity for barr. nice work.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Carp slayer

·
Registered
574 Posts
haha good to see you are still killing a lot of fish!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts