Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I took a trip to Kansas this weekend to do some fishing. I have got to say, people in Kansas are some of the nicest people you will meet. You can tell they take pride in Midwest hospitality, and being friendly and nice - I am always happy to be there.

We were told the fishing was slow, however we caught well over 100 fish in 2 days. Wiper, white bass, walleye (unfortunately no keepers), crappie, and large-mouth were happy to play with the majority being whites. There were moments where we had three or four doubles in a row and moments where I caught 5 in a row. The largest was a 6lb wiper and everything I caught was on my 8' ultra light - great fights, couldn't be happier with that set up for that kind of fishing. Fenwick pole, presidential reel, nano line with 100% fluorocarbon 10lb leader.

Thanks again to everyone on this site who gave me direction on where and how to fish this lake, you helped to make this a successful trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know a lot of the locals hate the white bass and wiper because they put a dent in the crappie population but it also seems to lead to hoss crappie at the same time.

This lake has the biggest white bass and crappie I have seen.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Gj on the fishing. I agree 100% that KS folks in the mid west are some of nicest people you will ever meet on the water. Can't say that about CO and NB.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Well done! :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts