Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forum is dead as everyone is out fishing, except me. Went up to Taylor res and that was okay. Unfortunately, the water was so low all the structure I know was high and dry. I parked where there should be +10' of water. Without the structure it's just blind casting and blind luck for me. Lots of hammer handles but unless it hits or exceeds 36" it just isn't worth the time unzipping my pocket for the camera. So, not a picture taken except for a sunset on the Elks and Sawatch Range. I did take a picture of one of the crappies I caught a month or so back. Dark spawning color. Wished I could have taken a better pic but I didn't want the master baiters to see what I was catching. Too easily fished out. So maybe we can post some pics of this spring's catches?

So that's it in a nutshell for me. Two outings in as many months. I think I may forget how to cast. LOL

SS

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, here's a few pics from Pueblo. Catching LOTS of walleyes, but not getting 18 inch keepers. Getting the occasional wiper, carp, bass, and crappie as by-catch.
Nice. Been a long time since I fished the reservoir. Now days it's just a stop off on the tailwater.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nothin' to post here. Best March/April in 10 years followed by my worst May/June in 10 years. Hopefully this warm weather will get my spots hoppin' again.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
The forum is dead as everyone is out fishing, except me. Went up to Taylor res and that was okay. Unfortunately, the water was so low all the structure I know was high and dry. I parked where there should be +10' of water. Without the structure it's just blind casting and blind luck for me. Lots of hammer handles but unless it hits or exceeds 36" it just isn't worth the time unzipping my pocket for the camera. So, not a picture taken except for a sunset on the Elks and Sawatch Range. I did take a picture of one of the crappies I caught a month or so back. Dark spawning color. Wished I could have taken a better pic but I didn't want the master baiters to see what I was catching. Too easily fished out. So maybe we can post some pics of this spring's catches?

So that's it in a nutshell for me. Two outings in as many months. I think I may forget how to cast. LOL

SS
Taylor is low? Are they releasing that much water in the river? You'd think it would be really high with all the snow we got.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't know about Taylor but Blue Mesa is maxed out. It peaked Monday at full pool. Amazing the difference between several months ago to now. Not sure I would want to try and get a pontoon boat under either the Lake City Bridge or the Middle Bridge right now. Lots of boats out but don't know how they are doing as I just drove by on my way to several medical appointments.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taylor was way low when I was there. I'm sure it has come up substantially since. As stated, Blue is full.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts