Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This reminds me why I love the ocean so much!!!

https://youtu.be/6ArRtGGi7Os

Disclaimer- You don't actually get to see a fish. Just the guy fighting the fish. Still a cool vid as far as I'm concerned. Dude was absolutely at the mercy of that fish. It was interesting because the fish sort of did a couple smaller runs as if he was not too concerned and then all of a sudden he decided he wasn't gonna have any more of that!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I couldn't watch it after he put the ***** harness on. Nice to see a Stella in action, with 50 lbs if drag he could crank it down some. Landing fish from up on the cliff must be interesting.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I couldn't watch it after he put the ***** harness on. Nice to see a Stella in action, with 50 lbs if drag he could crank it down some. Landing fish from up on the cliff must be interesting.
Ya the stellas are nice. I was wondering about landing the fish, too.i need to move to the ocean

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of you have seen this one but it's a vid I made of a 3/4 day trip I did out of San diego a few years ago. Some more screamin spinning reel action.ideally on the party boats, you want to use a conventional reel but she couldn't cast a conventional so I just gave her my big 8500 fin nor and she did just fine casting the big fly-lined sardines and stuff. She could barely hang on to those yellowtail, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=omYA75V4q6w

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
In his other video they spear the fish and walk to the right a little bit and I drops down and they drag it up. Also gathered from the other video that this cliff is in the middle of the ocean they were dropped off there by boat, he is trying to break the land based record of yellow fin with a spinning reel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts