Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always thought "Singing in the Rain" was lame until I saw the "Clockwork Orange" version... :biggrin1: Anyway, I went fishing in the snow with CadenceKing yesterday. The wind and wet snow made for a miserable start but it all changed when we hit some big walleyes. We were singing in the snow after that!

A 9:

A 12:

I hadn't fished with anyone in CadenceKing's age group for a while. I came home very impressed with his ability to grasp fishing concepts. I think you have a fine student there, Doc!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Yup the new young bucks of the fishing world. They'll be out there slingin in the snow when you and I are in the nursing home searching for our bedpans-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup the new young bucks of the fishing world. They'll be out there slingin in the snow when you and I are in the nursing home searching for our bedpans-
Sad truth... The guy does have what it takes.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice!! Bet it was chilly last night?
Guides were freezing. Reel was ceasing every now and then. I thought I was done with that chit for this season...

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Sad truth... The guy does have what it takes.
The moment of truth will be when he gets married and starts a career and gains a few pounds will he still have the desire to be the greatest?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The moment of truth will be when he gets married and starts a career and gains a few pounds will he still have the desire to be the greatest?
:D:D:D Time will tell...

·
Registered
199 Posts
The coldest part of the night was when I slipped of a rock and dunked my left leg haha. I guess it could have been worse, I am lucky I didn't break or sprain anything. Thanks again for taking me Linh.

My fish actually showed between 8.1 and 8.2 pounds on my digital scale, skinny for 29 inches.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The coldest part of the night was when I slipped of a rock and dunked my left leg haha. I guess it could have been worse, I am lucky I didn't break or sprain anything. Thanks again for taking me Linh.

My fish actually showed between 8.1 and 8.2 pounds on my digital scale, skinny for 29 inches.
You are right! I think I was thinking about length/weight relationships in my head. That should have been a 9 lb fish. Could even have been a 10-11 pounder, depending on girth.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nice guys!

I was thinking of heading out last night but decided not to. Now I'm rueing that decision. I should have gone with my instinct that said - "bad weather = big fish (or getting cold with no results)"

Any of the big fish eat swimbaits? :smile:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts