Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well friends, this is a big day for me, my divorce from my nonfishing wife is finally final (YEAH!). Now I'm wondering how I might meet some ladies that like to fish/hike/camp. All that I've come up with so far is hanging around bait shops on friday nights (too obvious and kind of pathetic) and going to dance clubs with my pockets full of opened stinkbait and seeing who does'nt mind dancing close. Anybody know of any singles clubs that cater to people who like to fish? Or any other ideas,I haven't been single in over 10 years. Thanks, KM

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
If you find a place let me know. Hell, she doesnt even have to like fishing as long as she doesnt mind me fishing all the time.

And congrats on the divorce!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Kastmisser, all I can say is, you are one hell of a glutton for punishment.

Maybe you need to be a bachelor for a while. Take a year or two off and get yourself organized. Learn to be a good cook and to keep a clean house. Learn how to do laundry properly and iron clothes and take care of all those other domestic issues that guys are notoriously poor at. By the time you get your act together you won't even need a wife. But if you still want the company, you will be a lot more desirable catch for someone who's looking. If you can't take care of yourself, don't look for someone else to do it for you, unless it's your mother.

If you're bound and determined to turn right around and jump off a cliff again, try associating yourself with a local church. A buddy of mine clued me in on that years ago. The hottest ladies are not in singles bars, they hang out in church. It's true!

As far as who likes to camp and fish, you can find that out within one minute after you start a conversation, there's no trick to that.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I going to have to disagree with Walking Eagle on the Church thing, Some buddies of mine who do rather well for them selves have to beat them away at Shotguns and not only for dances but outside the club dates. So if you make some decent cash I would recommend a stripper.

Also how do we no if he is domestically challenged, maybe she was the one who coulldn't take care of herself

I would have to think the only night clubs that might cater to a outdoorsman would be country bars.

E

·
0 Posts
Try placing an ad on an internet dating site. You can put your own ad on one and tell them one of your interests is fishing!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Trout said:
I going to have to disagree with Walking Eagle on the Church thing, Some buddies of mine who do rather well for them selves have to beat them away at Shotguns and not only for dances but outside the club dates. So if you make some decent cash I would recommend a stripper.

Also how do we no if he is domestically challenged, maybe she was the one who coulldn't take care of herself

I would have to think the only night clubs that might cater to a outdoorsman would be country bars.
Trout, I am just making a wild guess here, but I'm guessing that your buddies are not out looking for somebody to go fishing with. ;D

You are right, I don't know the situation, so nobody should put on the shoe if it doesn't fit. In fact, I should have said that in advance.

·
Registered
688 Posts
just think of the time and money you are gonna have for fishin now.and ya wanna ruin it with a girlfriend that will always want newer and better stuff than what you have. then you will be stuck with hand me downs! shes always gonna want the hot spot all you will have time for is baitin and cleanin and tryin to keep her happy while you are out. not to mention dragin stuff for the both of you. ;)Sounds like fun to me!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for responding. W.E., you did make some assumptions, I DO plan on being a bachelor for a while and enjoying myself, and I have been taking care of myself quite nicely since I moved out of my house more than several months for my own sanity.(Probably did wonders for her sanity too.) I just haven't been dating because I didn't think that it was the right thing to do untill I was legal. Fyraxe, you bring up some very good points,I will definitely have to establish some boundries early!

·
Registered
829 Posts
The old joke!!! ad in paper looking for a wife with a boat, send picture of boat,

All joking around, I found my soul mate through the personals, I ran an ad for myself. Amazing the number of responses and also the kind of responses. Her voice was the first thing that attracted me to her. That was 10 years ago

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Sorry about your divorce. Even though you sound happy, going through that sucks.
I'm very lucky my wife fishes w/ me. I don't know how I'd suggest finding one that does? You've got to think, as much time as we (site members) spend fishing, how many times last year did you see women, in a group or by themselves fishing? I fish all the time and the only times I remember situations like that... Well I don't know your taste or anything (and no offence to anyone), but unless fishing is the absolute most important thing you're looking for ;) ...
I'd suggest finding one you like for other reasons, and get her into fishing. Tell her right off the bat (after a couple of dates) how into it you are, and that you're looking for someone to share that interest. Make it fun for her when you go, and try to include a walk or picnic. If it starts to go well, just make sure she enjoys it and isn't just trying to make a good immpression by going w/ a few times.
I wish you the best. Good call on the waiting (till legal), that couldn't have been easy. Try Walking Eagles church suggestion. Good luck,
James.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
James, your ideas make a lot of sense.And although finding a lady that loves to fish would be ideal, the next best thing would be finding one that doesn't mind if I'm always going. My two best friends are married to ladies that don't care how much they fish, and they both seem happy. You and Walking Eagle are right about there being a lot of quality females at church, the last girlfriend I had before I got married was a lady I met at church. The only thing that we had in common though was sex, and that was great for about a year, then I started to get bored with her and wanted to see other women. Then I met someone else and got stupid and got married before I took the time to really know her. Anyway, I have been thinking about finding a church I like for my own spiritual growth and will probably check out the singles groups once I find one. You have to be carefull about the women that you meet in those church singles groups though, some of them have only one thing on their minds: Getting hitched!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Get a dog. They make great fishing companions. It's easier and cheaper. And you can pretty much always tell what they're thinking. A. FEED ME B. PET ME C. I HAVE TO PEE
And best of all, they don't make you sleep on the couch (or worse) when you pet another dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts