Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a new type of leader that ive never used before ...A sinking tapered leader i think by climax. it worked really well in the wind . I didnt have to use any split shot and it didnt tangle..Is this a good subsitute for intermediate or sinking line?. or should i invest in an extra spool with one of these type of lines?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well the sinking leaders work well in shallow water situations but they will never get as deep as full sinking line or and intermediate line. But if you do not need to get that deep I think that would work just fine.... I use all three floating, intermediate, and full sinking lines when I go striper fishing (sometimes trout) and found all serve a valuable purpose when locating fish. Of course if you are trying to save money the intermediate is the way to go, cause you can always smoke a cigarette while you wait for it to get to the depth you want.... where as the full sinking drops like a rock... If you do plan on getting one I would recommend Rio Fly Lines I have become a huge fane. Hands down the best lines I have ever owned

1 - 2 of 2 Posts