1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Pike prefer forage up to around 1/3 their body length so the smaller lure getting bit more makes sense. Those pike are decent size but not huge.

I'd love to fish there-those pike look really stupid. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Cool vids but not really comprehensive enough to draw any real conclusions. It would be cool to see the same experimentation done on a much larger scale with different lures, fish species, fisheries,time of day, weather conditions, etc to be as scientific as possible.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pike prefer forage up to around 1/3 their body length so the smaller lure getting bit more makes sense. Those pike are decent size but not huge.

I'd love to fish there-those pike look really stupid. :)
"Small" is relative. It is 8". The big one is 11". :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool vids but not really comprehensive enough to draw any real conclusions. It would be cool to see the same experimentation done on a much larger scale with different lures, fish species, fisheries,time of day, weather conditions, etc to be as scientific as possible.
That's why there is a question mark. However, I think most people would agree that "smaller" lures get bit more and color isn't as important as the action of the lure.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watched some of the first video and I love how the first pike attacks each bait differently. T-bones the first bait and then kinda comes back to it, then engulfs the smaller bait.... Gonna watch all the videos when the old lady quits complaining about me only caring about fishing.. lol
Haha!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
There is more to learn from these videos than can be put to words. Anyone who wants to be a successful pike fisherman should really study these and realize all that it teaches. I have watched at least 5 times already...

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You would think that if these swimbaits had a hook and the pite got poked, they wouldn't be as likely to keep coming back after it? I know that's not the point of this post but it just got me thinking

·
Registered
315 Posts
Funny how I have caught more pike on 1/8 - 1/4 oz spoons then trying anything they suggested. To be fair I also only seem to catch pike when trout fishing so I only catch them by accident

I will have to give their suggestions a try. I would love to hook into a 3'+ pike. They fight like crazy

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
When I was tagging Lake Trout I tried many different colors and how the fish reacted or didn't, just a couple colors I use now and the funny thing is they seem to work best for most species even in Saltwater.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Anyone know where you can pick up the Westin Tommy the Trout here in the U.S.? I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts