Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I safe to assume snowmobiles are allowed on the lake and ice fishing is legal at Skagway? Never safe to assume.

I have been in the summer and seen monster pike taken out of there.

W

·
0 Posts
I've never seen anything against it, nor have I ever seen one there since it's pretty small. I dragged a hut and a kid from the ramp to the NE corner in 20 min a few weeks ago in hopes of hammering pike, saw no signs of life.

In the summer that place is every man for himself, redneck rampage, dogs, beer, Skynard, etc...

·
Registered
11 Posts
From the DOW website
"Skaguay Reservoir: Located just east of Victor (near the town of Cripple Creek), this 114 acre reservoir is part of the Skaguay State Wildlife Area. The ice is between 10-14 inches. Fishing has been slow, but some fish are being caught with mill worms. Other baits (salmon eggs, power bait) have had limited success. No vehicles allowed on ice. For updated fishing reports and ice conditions, contact the DOW Salida office (719-530-5520).
"

W

·
0 Posts
teagan9999 said:
From the DOW website
"Skaguay Reservoir: Located just east of Victor (near the town of Cripple Creek), this 114 acre reservoir is part of the Skaguay State Wildlife Area. The ice is between 10-14 inches. Fishing has been slow, but some fish are being caught with mill worms. Other baits (salmon eggs, power bait) have had limited success. No vehicles allowed on ice. For updated fishing reports and ice conditions, contact the DOW Salida office (719-530-5520).
"
Good info., thank you. Vehicles on the ice must be the only thing not allowed up there.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Captain America said:
I've never seen anything against it, nor have I ever seen one there since it's pretty small. I dragged a hut and a kid from the ramp to the NE corner in 20 min a few weeks ago in hopes of hammering pike, saw no signs of life.

In the summer that place is every man for himself, redneck rampage, dogs, beer, Skynard, etc...
Really? Guess I will take it off of my list of lakes to hit. Thx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts