Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been up there recently? I am gonna take my mom up there tomorrow. I usually head around to the inlet and have always done well there. I have heard the pike fishing is pretty good too. Any suggestions? I'll have the canoe out

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have no suggestions about Skagway Jeremy, but I have been up to Spinney and the pike are very active. Try by the boat by the wind barriers. They are biting.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I hear the same from the people that I talked to when I was there. The inlet if you have a boat is the best place to fish.
Since I didnt have a boat I fished the lake for a little while and after not getting any bites, went below the damn (there is a pool there) and fished night crawlers caught some brookies... moved farther down stream and caught some more brookies and some rainbows.
I havent been there recently though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got back earlier today and had a great day up there. We went to the inlet and nothing. Then we moved back some to the points off of the cove on the west side nothing Then went straight accross the resevoir from that cove and caught fish all day long there. It appeared that we were the only ones catching anything. I only saw one other boat by us catch two trout and that was it. My mother caught her first fish today, it was a 15 inch rainbow, followed up by another 13+ rainbow, then a pike!! Pretty sweet for her. I caught all rainbows. We were using crawlers at first and I caught the only fish on it, so we switched to a montera marvel, it killed em.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went to skagway. I didnt want to take my mom out on spinney in the canoe. Unfortunately my wife had the camera with her in chicago so i dont have any picts. The pike wasnt very impresive, it was about 10 inches long and was skinny with no teeth. The bows were normal.

Y

·
0 Posts
Stopped by Skaguay two weekends ago after leaving 11 mile because the wind started ripping and we were not having any luck with the pike. The DOW said the pike fishing was very good so we took off and started fishing skaguay at about 2:00 and fished till 6:00. Fished the inlet and the shoreline on both sides for a ways up and nothing not even a bite. Talked with one guy who said he caught a small 12" pike and saw a 30"+ sitting in the weeds but would not chase any of his lures. We were marking tons of trout on the finder so we trolled for trout for about an hour with no bites so we headed home. We saw people catching them from shore on powerbait. I have always had luck there before...I think the morning bite is best for trout and the evening is best for pike. Caught a 36" pike out of Skaguay about ten years ago on powerbait and 6# line right after sunset. Ice fishing is fun there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts