Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wrote up a big long post but it timed out when I tried sending it. So heres the short version. Went to Eagle Claw and bought my son a sweet Skeet Reese combo. Really awesome for a five year old even has split grip! The Eagle Claw store is great! The guys that work in there are great too. They were excited for my son to get his new combo which made my son even more excited. I can't wait to go back and pick up my new jerkbait rod.

Happy and ready to for the first cast.

couple casts later

first bass of 2011!!!

another a few minutes later.

raising him right

Fish weren't big but smiles were huge. I'm a very proud dad and both my son and I are very happy Eagle Claw customers!!!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Nice pics! We used to catch some PIGS from there.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
30 bucks with the combo, a hat, a dvd(eric loved his watched three times in a row), and a few casting plugs.

The price is up there for a kids combo. It's not a piece like some of the 10 dollar kid combos are, but I'm sure for the money you could put a combo together that out performs this one. I justified the extra cost with the cool factor for my son. A pro fisherman that goes out of his way to set up a combo for kids!!! Not to mention now he has someone to root for when I switch it over from cartoons to bassmasters on the weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts