Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday @ noon the sun was out and I was stir crazy so drove down to the Chattahoochee River in my neighborhood. Hooked one shortly after moving into position throwing a skeletor towards a sunken log. Worked about 200 yards of a nice long bend swinging and jigging. 35 degrees in ATL is COLD!

Smith Creek in Unicoi Park...Loved every moment.

#18 Yellow Caddis. Yup on the dry in December, got to love it!

Love it!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
slowdown said:
See, even those down home fish know a delicious looking fly when they see one!!

I've only fished the hooch up high at the border with NC, but its a neat little river - middle of no where, but neat. If anyone else has been there, then you know why they filmed Deliverance there. Q - the Banjo music.
Yea that brown thumped skeletor pretty good. I haven't fished the head waters of the Hooch but I'm sure it's good. The Hooch in my neighborhood is HUGE with very little structure. I've had plenty of good days throwing rooster tails and such. I wish the weather was a bit nicer but I'll have another crack at it here in a few months.

I want to fish the Chattooga next time I'm home as I've heard good things about it.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slowdown said:
yeah, got to do the tooga. Of course that is a haul from the ATL. For me, id just do the road trip up and do the Watauga and the Holston. Now that's east coast fly fishing at its finest.
Yea, I'd need two days to make that trip. Though its on the bucket list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts