Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. lesson learned.

Got up at 4 to leave for the hills... saw the reports on Cdot and saw that berthoud pass was a nightmare so opted to get up at 6 instead for safer roads. left the house at 7, and it took 4 hours to get to middle park. got there at 11, got to the spot by 11:30 and had 8 on the ice by 12:30. walked a half hour towards shore and tried to get other species, and to no avail. one day i'll figure out how to catch williams fork pike and hog trout. I left 15 minutes later and fought the tail end of traffic on the way home.

Spent the evening drinking shitty whiskey, tea and cleaning fish for my boy.

all fish were caught on yellow tubes and a 1/4 oz twistertail head, tipped with dead shiners.

oh and this happened too. anyone selling a 6 inch hand auger, or knows how to weld? blah.

with that, I'm goin' to cheyenne for the week for work. will be back friday, and will probably go somewhere else. maybe wolford or green mtn to get something for the smoker since GM lakers taste like school paste.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
That whiskey is pretty horrid. Evan Williams green is 10 bucks a liter. It is tasty (if lacking in body...unlike our wimmins) and fairly non-toxic. What in the hell else can we ask for? :thumb:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Nice haul, Goonard.

I second the Evan Williams.......but it might be bad luck when fishing for Macks.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Nice color on those fillets, bet they were good. A buddy of mine says he knows where there are some humps in WF where you are guaranteed to do well, ever here of them?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good lookin' out rvinson! Ordering that shizz now.

Yeah the whiskey tastes like straight turpentine and sour mash. Fucking disgusting... Someone bought it for me for Christmas.

Yeah I usually stick to one spot I found thru years of trial and error. I won't say where because it does hold slobs... but I'll say it's a super obvious place a lot of people overlook. There's humps on the lake that do hold fish... And not just lakers. Willys is usually a sure fire bet for good laker action regardless.... A lot of the fish cruise.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Willys is usually a sure fire bet for good laker action regardless.... A lot of the fish cruise.
Lakers cruise?? Good golly omighty! Woulda thunk?

Good report. goonster, and I mean that. Always nice to hear a Fork report. I haven't been out much.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Goon needs a knob...where's llama boy when you need him?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice dude. You did a hell of a lot better then me yesterday! Tight lines.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That whiskey is pretty horrid. Evan Williams green is 10 bucks a liter. It is tasty (if lacking in body...unlike our wimmins) and fairly non-toxic. What in the hell else can we ask for? :thumb:
Ten high is pure plastic encased enjoyment...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts