Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a skunk buster. Anyone got a good spot to break a skunk? Ill take anything(Except dunking bait for trout)

Thanks

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
it aint exactly close by but i dont think its possible to get the skunk at jerry creek reservoirs on the bass and gills attleast from what ive read here and elseware

you probly wanted something a little closer right?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Try Nee Gronda. I think they close it up for the season soon. It might even be closed rite now. But you can check. You might find a new favorite lake.

If I told you how good it's been there lately you would'nt believe me. Go try it out for your self.

M

·
0 Posts
hehe, not sure if its a skunk buster, but try the Q and report to me, im looking for an excuse to get out there

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Aurora Reservoir is a skunk buster if I've ever seen one. It's been a very long time since I've been skunked there. Just troll a #7 Gold Rapala Countdown. You're most likely to catch trout but there's a pretty good chance you'll catch walleye, bass, perch, and even wiper. I know you don't like Aurora because of the electric only rule, but in my opinion it is the best fishery in the Denver area by far.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
You dont need to dunk bait for trout,they're easy to catch on lures.Go to Granby or Spinney and throw kasty's bouyants or tube jigs and nail 'em!Unless you like sitting around in your own wine-Just kidding.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don Broeren said:
Aurora Reservoir is a skunk buster if I've ever seen one. It's been a very long time since I've been skunked there. Just troll a #7 Gold Rapala Countdown. You're most likely to catch trout but there's a pretty good chance you'll catch walleye, bass, perch, and even wiper. I know you don't like Aurora because of the electric only rule, but in my opinion it is the best fishery in the Denver area by far.       

Thanks Don, Great to see you posting. The main prob with Aurora is inorder for me to launch the boat id need someone to go with me. My normal parter, My brother Garrett, just had a baby and can't fish anymore. Im not really to sure how well Id do at Aurora by myself and a boat. I may just go from shore though. Will you PM or post some good spots from shore. Ive been doing ok off the West dam but would like to try more productive spots.

Unless you like sitting around in your own wine-Just kidding.
I knew when I posted the term "(Except dunking bait for trout)" I know that would get a reply from you! -Just kidding

Thanks,

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
left_turn56 said:
In baseball hitters break slumps by sleeping with a fat chick...you could try that I guess

Thats how I got the term. Slump Buster. Jim Rome baby!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neither anymore. But I used to always listen to him on Radio,

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
may the force.. er i mean fish be with you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts