Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Thrown back eh? Is that after you drag them on the bank for awhile, and then yank the hook from it's guts?

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
That's why you can't catch any. The fishing Gods are watching you.

I'm kind to fish, and catch so many I get tired of it.

Sucks to be you.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Don't you find that the fish swallow the worm/hook? How do you keep from killing the fish?
Well I almost always use circle hooks if bait fishing and although those can be swallowed too it happens less often. I also usually sit pretty closely to my pole if Im not holding it in the first place so I usually set the hook fast enough to hook them in the mouth. Granted its probably safe too say atleast 25% of fish i catch on just worm and hook swallow the hook at that point I usually just cut the line unless I'm keeping fish that day, Im not exactly sure what happens to those fish after but it give them a hell of better chance than ripping out their insides to save a damn hook!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Thrown back eh? Is that after you drag them on the bank for awhile, and then yank the hook from it's guts?
Actually, Nymph likes to catch trout on -3wt rod with a 43x tippet, fight it for 4 hrs, land it in a custom made net and then release it back into the 70 degree water so it can die of exhaustion.

Waaaaaay better.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Go fishin (for actual fish) Pete!

Did you go to the Taylor?

How was it?

Slay them on dries?
No, I didn't go yet. I went up the pass, and fished some beaver ponds instead. I've been doing it all week.

#18 black Elk Hair Caddis does well.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
No, I didn't go yet. I went up the pass, and fished some beaver ponds instead. I've been doing it all week.

#18 black Elk Hair Caddis does well.
On the ponds? Brookies? Are there cutts up there in them ponds?

If I remember all I caught were brooks.... Been A few years..???

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Actually, Nymph likes to catch trout on -3wt rod with a 43x tippet, fight it for 4 hrs, land it in a custom made net and then release it back into the 70 degree water so it can die of exhaustion.

Waaaaaay better.
I actually am reconsidering fishing at all until I get my custom net made. Just seems rude.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This thread is worthless without examples! :smile:
"You stupid fish, that wasn't even a real worm! You are dumb!"

Or "You are a fish, you can't even breath out of the water with your stupid gills. Idiot!"

I keep it pretty PG because I am with my 6-year old but I want the fish to know their place before I throw them in the water in a high arc, much like Peyton Manning throwing an 80 yard touchdown pass. Taking the time to berate and insult the fish also gives me plenty of time to keep them out of the water, gasping for air, in between handing the fish off to various passersby with dry hands so they can all berate the fish as well.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Sent you a PM on a fish berating spot to take the 6 yr old Nympho.

You might have to step your game up a bit, these fish are used to some pretty rough language..

21 - 40 of 75 Posts