Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a few hours late afternoon at Chatfield and came up empty. An hour or so on the dam, then a couple of hours at Kingfisher, hiked out east side as far as I could go. Not a bite. I was mostly throwing Bomber Square A (super shallow) and BPS Medium Crank.

The lake is down about 2 feet, and there is almost no water coming down from Waterton.

JW

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
JW said:
I spent a few hours late afternoon at Chatfield and came up empty. An hour or so on the dam, then a couple of hours at Kingfisher, hiked out east side as far as I could go. Not a bite. I was mostly throwing Bomber Square A (super shallow) and BPS Medium Crank.

The lake is down about 2 feet, and there is almost no water coming down from Waterton.

JW
Try A-town...you'll have 2x the same luck.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sort of treating it as 2 (or maybe 3) different lakes.. Dam area and KingFisher. They are really different. It was really nice and quiet and wild out on the point at Kingfisher.

Any magic suggestions, lures to use, etc, please PM me. I can catch trout in the tailwater and in the river coming in (assuming there is any water coming down), but cracking bass/walleye in the lake is evading me.

JW

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Try lowlight times...it is fishing really tough...Nate talked about the ridiculous numbers of shad last fall and even left over this spring...lots of baitfish in there...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Very few people are going to have any magic suggestions for Chatty...I personally like the area, but consider it more of a place to run the boat & test gear. I do alright for short Wallys on the road-bed in the spring, and there a lots of MRTs on the Southern no/wake end, and quite a few small Smallies, but I just can't get excited about fishing the place...except for certain times of the year if ya know what I mean ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts