Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my father in law down to P-lo yesterday... We saw three skunks. Two dead on the road and one in the boat. That lake is the dead sea for me. We drifted main lake points jigging all over the lake and didn't get a single bite. Water temps ranged from 37.5 in front of the dam to 40.7 up by the turkey creek arm. We should have known that the two dead skunks would be a bad omen. Oh well, until next time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It's gonna be better soon. I was out saturday in the belly boat and had one bite on the fly. It was an 18 inch male walleye that made a tasty supper. It was pretty windy and hard to stay where I wanted to, but it was nice and warm. Met up with a buddy from work out there who has a REAL boat and he picked me up and carted me up to the river to try for a while. Didn't get any bumps at all up there, but it was interesting getting into a boat from a belly boat and the doing the reverse when we got up there. Toward the latter part of the day, I got out and drove over to another spot to try...off the railroad maintenance road where the outhouse is. While I was trying to decide whether or not to fight the wind some more I noticed smoke behind me. Went over to look and a patch of dried drift wood approx. 3' wide by 8' long was on fire and blowing toward the long dry grass. Found a Subway drink cup on the ground and made a lot of trips back and forth to get enough water on it to get it out. Pretty weird as it didn't look like a camp fire, and there were no stink stick butts nearby...was wondering if someone was up to shenanigans or just stupid. Didn't try any more fishing after that.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
How close to the tracks? Trains have a knack for causing fires-

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not close to the tracks at all (several hundred yards)...about 30 feet from the parking area and pretty close to a little pool of water. Glad the water level is so high or my fat ass would have been huffing by the time I was done putting it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts