Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Mrs Brewski played in the slush yesterday too. We waded out in ~6" slushy snow and water on top of 5" of hard ice. Found a hard section of ice that we were able to set the hut up for some sight fishing.

Had a great time, caught a bunch of little slimers. We were in shallow water so the fish were flipping around pretty good when we brought them in. We were giggling like a couple school kids. Pretty much non stop action.
It got real interesting when we were tearing down. I found out that a size 10 boot will fit down a 7" hole. Getting it back out was not easy!
I was in the slush folding up the hut and the next thing I knew my left leg was gone! WTF?? I had stepped in a hole. I tried pulling it out and I couldn't straighten my foot out enough to get it out. We were freaking out, I was trying my damnedest trying to pull it out. It wasn't happening. Pam went over and grabbed the spud bar, I tried chipping the ice to enlargen the hole but that was too risky. Finally, I decided to get the boot off. I stuck my arms down the hole an untied it, Pam held onto the laces (so I would't loose my boot) and I was able to pull my foot out just enough to get my leg out.

Quite the situation, we're laughing about it now, but **** got real, pretty fast.
We went back to the cabin we staying at, dried off and hit the hot springs.
Great weekend though, we'll remember this one!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Could of titled this one A Hole Grabbed a Brewski?

How much alcohol was involved here?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you weren't there.

Actually I had only had one beer while we were fishing and I cracked my second when we were tearing down.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
lol touche'

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Yep if not for Pam the doc's would be fitting Tom for a peg leg.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Very interesting story. Got quite the disturbing mental image when I started reading the spud bar part. Glad you survived with limbs intact.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Very interesting story. Got quite the disturbing mental image when I started reading the spud bar part. Glad you survived with limbs intact.
Well, if the boot hadn't come off. .. Imagine the story where Pam enlarges the hole with the auger.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

How much alcohol was involved here?
BWAAHAAHAA !!
IF ONLY....
You woulda had a camera.... >:D>:D
Damn good thing You didn't bust Your Leg...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's too funny!
I just told my wife that I had posted the story on the forum and she said "It was a good thing I was with or they would have just been videoing it and laughing.
Yeah Jimi glad I didn't break it, I did get some good knots & bruises on my shin. (good thing I iced them right away;D)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts