Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Mrs Brewski played in the slush yesterday too. We waded out in ~6" slushy snow and water on top of 5" of hard ice. Found a hard section of ice that we were able to set the hut up for some sight fishing.

Had a great time, caught a bunch of little slimers. We were in shallow water so the fish were flipping around pretty good when we brought them in. We were giggling like a couple school kids. Pretty much non stop action.
It got real interesting when we were tearing down. I found out that a size 10 boot will fit down a 7" hole. Getting it back out was not easy!
I was in the slush folding up the hut and the next thing I knew my left leg was gone! WTF?? I had stepped in a hole. I tried pulling it out and I couldn't straighten my foot out enough to get it out. We were freaking out, I was trying my damnedest trying to pull it out. It wasn't happening. Pam went over and grabbed the spud bar, I tried chipping the ice to enlargen the hole but that was too risky. Finally, I decided to get the boot off. I stuck my arms down the hole an untied it, Pam held onto the laces (so I would't loose my boot) and I was able to pull my foot out just enough to get my leg out.

Quite the situation, we're laughing about it now, but **** got real, pretty fast.
We went back to the cabin we staying at, dried off and hit the hot springs.
Great weekend though, we'll remember this one!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could of titled this one A Hole Grabbed a Brewski?
No you weren't there.

Actually I had only had one beer while we were fishing and I cracked my second when we were tearing down.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's too funny!
I just told my wife that I had posted the story on the forum and she said "It was a good thing I was with or they would have just been videoing it and laughing.
Yeah Jimi glad I didn't break it, I did get some good knots & bruises on my shin. (good thing I iced them right away;D)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.