Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In fact, it smelled horrible. Met up with rifleman at the west boat ramp and fished in 12 -17 FOW and not a single sighting of predators except shads. Moved out to the west loop parking lot and went out to 15 FOW, nada, went in closer to 8 FOW and still nothing. I decided to give the tower a try and nothing but shad. Tried everything from small jigs to hd ice, jigging rap, blade bait. Ended with a huge skunk. Like rifleman said, ice was around 5 inches everywhere I drilled. Slayer needs to clean up his crack so we can have better result next time.:D

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's actually a revelation to me... We'll take your word for it though. And "still?" I didn't know you two were on such intimate terms... :D
I don't have the English Language grasped as good as you so no comments:smile:
Don't you guy's ever work??
Taking annual between Christmas and New Year. 4 annual days = 10 days off.

· Registered
17,048 Posts
Ill be out there. Sounds like you guys moved around too much. Gotta wait them out.

I iced the Crack a dozen times last year and caught 1 shad for my efforts-

· Registered
17,048 Posts
Met up with Johnny at my smelly crack and I managed to pull 2 large, gorgeous, succulent shad from its dank dark bowels.:p

Missed 1 eye and possibly marked another but I was shaking from the cold and may have been hallucinating.

Geez it was freekin cold out there. Temp on my car was like 18F when I got back to it but it felt like -18 to me.

So it was more action in one trip than a dozen trips last year! Hell yeah I'll be back at the crack!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.