Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with hooker to slay some smallies. Caught and released about 20 between the two of us and then our day ended abrubtly. Last hookset my 58 pound chocklate lab large trebble off a large popper on hookers costum MH, MHX rod I built him right up the left nostrle. Can't blame her there was a large feather on the back of the popper. It was a good hookset when she yelped and jumped from the back of the boat to behind the pasanger seat it snapped his MH rod 10" from the tip. I managed to hold her while hooker cut the 3rd hook of the trebble leaving the hook shank sticking out of her snoz. She wanted to keep fishing but we headed to the Vet. The rod was not being used it was an extra we used early in the morning. My fault I will be more aware when she is with us.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wow. Tough on the rod and the pup. The story makes for a good reminder to those of us who have pets (or small children) on board.

Glad you were able to cut the treble out.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Spooky... glad it turned out ok. I caught my dog chewing on a rotting minnow with a hook/cut fishing line in it on the shore the other day. And he's definitely lunged at baits as I swing them around in the boat. Gotta be so careful.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With dogs, grandkids and my self and removal of hooks from fish and net I am switching to all barbless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts