Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my recent purchase of the Frabill 6 man shelter I realized I needed to buy a bigger sled and modify it. The goal was to obviously fit everything I have and to make things really accessible.

When the sled is loaded it's pretty heavy, so I added some skis. With the skis it pulls like it weighs 20 pounds. A must have.

I use a modified spark plug socket to drill in my ice stakes.

My little buddy heater needed a mod too.

Little buddy gets wing nutted on...

There ya have it. Post your mods!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Have you considered a rod rack made with 2x4s and PC tubes?...would eliminate the need for a bucket and prevent the lines getting tangled.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coloradojaguar said:
TheUkrainian said:
Have you considered a rod rack made with 2x4s and PC tubes?...would eliminate the need for a bucket and prevent the lines getting tangled.
faster and easier are rod holders for a boat
I have thought about rod holders. Not sure where to put them yet. The sled fits pretty snug in my short bed, so they can't go on the back. I like having a bucket to put random things in, plus there's always someone that didn't bring a chair...

Thanks for comments!

C

·
0 Posts
coloradojaguar said:
TheUkrainian said:
I bolted two tripple rod holders inside my larger jet sled and they work great!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Using wood strips on both sides of your eye bolts is a great idea. Adds some weight, but no way those are going to pull out! :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
clint walker said:
coloradojaguar said:
TheUkrainian said:
I bolted two tripple rod holders inside my larger jet sled and they work great!
same here with the triple holders but I put a piece of wood on the outside and bolted them on out there saves more room on the inside.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
That's great Auger, slick looking! I just added some rifle holders to my sled to hold my new Ice Gator. They elevate it up to give me more room in the sled and protects my expensive investment!!! ;) Next will be rod holders!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Tony how does that Gator stay balanced since the head is so top heavy?

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
zman said:
Tony how does that Gator stay balanced since the head is so top heavy?
It is kinda awkward Mark. I basically have to hang the auger first and let it droop the way it wants to then pack the rest of the sled.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Not to get off track a little here, but something to add to any sled!!! You see by my pic I keep my Vex in a 5 gallon pail as well as a cover, a tip Bernie told me was to put a couple old towels in the bottom of the pail to help cut down the shock of the Vex bouncing around. I took this one step further and added a buddle of Walmart grocery bags to the bottom to help with the shock issue and to always have them handy TO PACK OUT MY OWN TRASH as well as others!!! Everybody has them and this is a way to kill two birds with one stone!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
TthePikester said:
Not to get off track a little here, but something to add to any sled!!! You see by my pic I keep my Vex in a 5 gallon pail as well as a cover, a tip Bernie told me was to put a couple old towels in the bottom of the pail to help cut down the shock of the Vex bouncing around. I took this one step further and added a buddle of Walmart grocery bags to the bottom to help with the shock issue and to always have them handy TO PACK OUT MY OWN TRASH as well as others!!! Everybody has them and this is a way to kill two birds with one stone!!!
And to POOP in and not mess yer bucket up, nobody likes poopy bucket.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts