Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. I was just thinking about new lakes I'd like to try this summer. I'm sure I'll seem like a huge slacker, but I've never fished Spinney down south or any of the North Park/Walden area lakes either. I'm at least a few hours away from these lakes, so I was thinking about maybe sleeping in my car out there. My question is, how do you know where it's legal to do this? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Man do you have an SUV? Sleeping in your car sucks usually wake up sore and then you have to go fishing. They make 1 man tents or what ever get one mang. As long as the park is open 24 hours and you pay the daily rates or have a park pass you should be able to sleep in your car.

·
Registered
460 Posts
if you have a truck sleep in the bed. even if you have a boat sleep in the boat. or go to bed earlier in the evening and get up eralier in teh morning.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I sleep in the cab of my truck all the time. If it's legal to park there I have never had anyone say anything. I have pulled up to wildlife areas and people had small pup tents sitting right next to the car. It's illegal to camp at those but the guys I talked to said if it's obvious you just parked and put a little tent there to sleep a couple hours noone has said anything to them.

Just a tent, no fire,stove,water sitting out ect.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I used to do the fish/sleep in the truck thing quite a bit at both Spinney and Delaney Buttes. That slowley transformed into sleeping next to the truck, then sleeping in a tent. i imagine my next step will be sleeping in a popup or trailer, and then eventually sleeping in an RV. im getting not-so-hardcore in my middle years it seems. bugs are pretty bad in both areas, so i would suggest a good wind proof tent at a minum. i say WINDPROOF for a reason, it gets pretty bad sometimes and ive had tents blow away on several occasions. its nice to have a place to get dressed while its still cold, and also keeps the rampant mice from crawling over your face (learn from my experience---it will save you the hassles of waking up in terror while screeching like a 4 year old little girl after a mouse decided to dance a jig on my upper lip) i used to fish Delaney Buttes pretty hard at night for big browns, so sleeping came second over fishing...but the tent is still nice.

M

·
0 Posts
I make a habit of sleeping in the bed of my truck. Room for two people comfortably. If you happen to be somewhere cold like Leadville and it snows on you in the middle of the summer, then you may want to sleep in the cab.. (not that ive...err...done this...ok i have) but everytime i sleep in the cab i wake up with some appendage feeling asleep and tingly for the rest of the day. Check with the specific place u r going to see if its legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts