Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing better then sleeping in until 9:30, lines in the water at 11:30, and a really active bite!
Samantha and I hit a lake over here on the Western Slope that recently had the ice come off. We went up a week prior to recording this video and the whole lake still had a thin layer of ice on it. We hit the dam area and the trout were going nuts for moving baits/lures!

Landed a handful of nice ones and Sam got her first ever CUTBOW! It was a really nice one too for it to be her first! Wish fishing was always like this LOL 馃槀 馃槀
Hope you guys enjoy the video, as always; pictures too!!

Attachments

Registered
That "early bird gets the worm" line is for, um, birds. 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Must just be the lake lol. We had by far our best ice fishing trip here too this last ice season...same conditions; slept in, started fishing around 12, fished for a few hours and got around 40. Hoping Grand Mesa is just as active this weekend...I'll be certain to pass the congrats to Sam, she'll beam a big smile GUARANTEED 馃榿 ! She was OVERJOYED catching that!

Registered
Must just be the lake lol. We had by far our best ice fishing trip here too this last ice season...same conditions; slept in, started fishing around 12, fished for a few hours and got around 40. Hoping Grand Mesa is just as active this weekend...I'll be certain to pass the congrats to Sam, she'll beam a big smile GUARANTEED 馃榿 ! She was OVERJOYED catching that!
You need to get her down to Antero and give her a shot at an 8-10 lb cuttbow!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
You need to get her down to Antero and give her a shot at an 8-10 lb cuttbow!
Agreed! We had plans to do a lot of traveling this spring, places like Antero, 11-Mile, Spinney and others...hoping to start moving around by Summer but we'll see lol.

Registered
Nothing better then sleeping in until 9:30, lines in the water at 11:30, and a really active bite!
Samantha and I hit a lake over here on the Western Slope that recently had the ice come off. We went up a week prior to recording this video and the whole lake still had a thin layer of ice on it. We hit the dam area and the trout were going nuts for moving baits/lures!

Landed a handful of nice ones and Sam got her first ever CUTBOW! It was a really nice one too for it to be her first! Wish fishing was always like this LOL 馃槀 馃槀
Hope you guys enjoy the video, as always; pictures too!!

Registered
Ice fishing there right after they drained the lake about 10 years ago was awesome. Drop it down to the bottom, lift it 6 inches and reel in the fish! Honestly, it was that fast.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Ice fishing there right after they drained the lake about 10 years ago was awesome. Drop it down to the bottom, lift it 6 inches and reel in the fish! Honestly, it was that fast.
I can only imagine haha! When we went this past season it was phenomenal. I bet it was absurd under those conditions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts