Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Slimers are fun. Specially when they are all 4-5 lbs. Landed 10, missed/lost the same. 2 browns went 23" and 24" but fumbled the big hook jawed male b4 Shoe could snap the pic.

The flailers and the metal/tube chuckers co-existed in peace and harmony.

Went with Coffee Joe and Jackalope, met up with Shoe and friends, also Pyro Chuck was huckin'.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice. I don't care what anyone says, catching 5 pound slimers is a good time, especially when you have a shot at a big brown.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, the brown was legit. I thought that I had it trapped with my wading boot after it dropped to the turf but it swam over the top. It filled my measure net from one side to the other...that means 24" or bigger. Yes, I was net boy. Net boy is something that I CAN do. I must have missed a dozen hits and only landed a few. ??? Good times anyway because it is fishing and not catching. Until next time. :)

s

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the brown was legit. I thought that I had it trapped with my wading boot after it dropped to the turf but it swam over the top. It filled my measure net from one side to the other...that means 24" or bigger. Yes, I was net boy. Net boy is something that I CAN do. I must have missed a dozen hits and only landed a few. ??? Good times anyway because it is fishing and not catching. Until next time. :)

s
Heck yeah Shoe, I need you up there now. Ive forgotten how to net them myself!:D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I gotta say, it's about time you put up some decent fish pics! :p

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fish merely to fish- if I catch some nice ones so be it-

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I fish merely to fish- if I catch some nice ones so be it-
Good on You! I do two types of fishing: the meat trips and the trophy hunts. It's trophy mode here until late April. I'm already tired of the trophy hunts and looking forward to quantity over quality.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Nice going Mike, and crew! Good job on the Trout multi species meat hunt..

Time, though, to start going after some white meat!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts