Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was fast action... just about every cast.

Of course.... the lake had just been stocked a few days ago, so it really doesn't count. =)

Buck actually got tired of hauling in trout... literally, got tired.

Anyway, we got to the lake about 12:00, fished for two hours, 31 landed bowbows, and THIS GUY!!!! Buck's personal best LMB

This one took a worm on the bottom. Buck sat his rod down, put his bells on the tip, started messing around on the rocks and then the bells started going ape-sh**! He picked up the rod, set the hook like a pro, and landed this LMB. It gave him a run for his money, and when he got it in, he was so excited.

Anyway, just wanted to share a fun day on the water with the boy. We fished for 2 hours, 32 total landed fish, and they were still on fire when we left.

It's hard to leave a place when it's still a fish-a-cast!!!

Anyway, all fish except for 3 rainbows who swallowed the hook were returned safely to the water.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was... I couldn't fish much because my freakin' neck and shoulders are killing me. Buck did most of the fishing and most of the catching. =)

While we were there, there was a DPR employee fishing with a bunch of kids and handing out free rods to kids under 10. Here's what they look like. (Buck got one)

Apparently it was "Kids Fishing Awareness Day" or something like that. Anyway, I thought it was a very cool deal that they're out there giving kids a way to get into the sport.

She pulled 2 kids off the playground (with their parents' permission, of course), gave them these rigs, baited them up and taught them how to cast. I mean, THAT is what it's all about. What a cool job to have!

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
That smile counts...great wprk fellas!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx fellas. He wanted to go back out today, but it just wasn't in the cards. Didn't stop him from opening the front door (while I was taking a shower) and practicing his casting... Lucky he didn't hit a car. I got onto him and he got in trouble, but my heart wasn't really in it... Secretly, I thought it was pretty damn cool. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts