Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one is better ... i have always fished with the clip on bobbers, but people tell me that slip bobbers are more sensitive?!?

·
Registered
247 Posts
i like the slip bobbers cause i can fish them at any depth. Try fishing a minnow 6 ft under a clip bobber, you cant cast it at all with that 6 ft of line hangin there.

And slayer is right, you have to weight it correctly so that the fish doesnt feel any pressure.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i agree with rome, slip bobbers are the way to go , i catch lots of kokanee this way up in granby , slip bobbers are great , you can set your on depth , i like using ice jigs with minows , and hot pink jigs for kokes

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Check out this months issue of CO-fisherman Mag. Don does a great artical on slip-float fishing.

Slipfloats for me too.

Fishing, Slipfloat-Music, Slipknot! >:D >:D >:D

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank u guys ... u guys are great help.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I use mainly the slip bobbers since they are more versitale as far as depth goes but the clip on bobbers are easier to rig quickly if you only plan on fishing a few feet below the surface. I just tend to stay away from the "beach ball" bobbers.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
You mean you don't like the Pokemon balls? Come on, they're classic man! Just kidding...I've always used the weighted clip on stick bobbers but it sounds like I may need to switch things up.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think roth nailed it on the head. Slip bobbers are better for depth, clip on bobbers are better for convenience. If your out fishing at sunset and all of a sudden you see rings at the surface everywhere, a clip on bobber is sure nice to have unless you already have a pole that is just laying there rigged for the slip float.

Slip floats are easier to cast as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When rigging a slip bobber, how is the fishing line stopped at the bobber, such that, the hook (bait) is set at the desired depth?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Slip bobber rule! I have been using the Thill Nite Brite ones almost exclusively, day or night. They have them at Walmart, red or green light. Red is a buck cheaper and I think is easier to see at night.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The only "pain" i have with slip bobbers is having to cut everything off to get the float off and then retie (lets say i wanted to just fish a jig and grub instead of floating it).  But, i have seen a slip float that has a cut all the way down it, in a spiral form, so that you can get the float on and off your line without having to cut anything.  If i find the picture, i'll post it.  Its hard to explain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to everyone who replied to my reguest in regard to rigging a slip bobber. Tried a slip bobber today at a local pond. The system functioned perfectly. I have one suggestion. I tied the bobber stop knot with a uni-knot and 8 pound mono. The uni-knot allows as many wraps around the active line as is necessary to prevent undesired slipping. The uni-knot is very functional and an easy tie.

·
Registered
32 Posts
went to Sportsmans in Loveland to get the CO-fisherman Mag and some circle hooks... well got the hooks but they didn't have the Mag.. guess I will have to do some info online ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts