Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent about 6 hrs. out on Chatfield today and there had to be 30 boats out there fishing, and I saw one little smally maybe a half a pound get caught. That was it ! Anybody see or do any different latley?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had GREAT luck at Chatfield on Friday. Caught 2 fish within 20 minutes of being there. It was bad weather, but great for fishing. Might have been the gray weather drawing the fish out to eat. They were biting on leaches like mad (bass), and the trout was eating our power bait faster then we could throw it out there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i was at the chat. today from 10a-5p. immediately caught a 17 incher, then a 22" about an hour later and that was it for me. it was tough going today!

saturday was "pretty" good. caught 7 between storm's from 2p-730p, with one keeper. still haven't found the biggers ones yet? just some nice sized males.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went Saturday night, launched around 9:00pm fished until 3:30am. Fishing was great and almost non stop unitil we ran out of bait. We caught about a dozen smallies, 3 eyes two of which were keepers, and a couple of rainbows one of which was about 18". The keeper eyes were very chunky and tasted great for dinner. All species were caught with leaches and shinners under a slip bobber.

Good Fishin!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for confirming that I have no idea what i'm doing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts