Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out and fishing between 7-10am. Tried 3 different spots by dam. Didn't even have a bite. Saw 1 spawned out kokanee swim by. Some guys by me caught a koke, a brown, and a rainbow. Ice was 9-10 inches in this area. Water pretty clear. CLEATS recommended. Everyone was moving around. About 10 anglers by dam, 20 in boat ramp area, and about 10 by North Shore. Cousin Sleepy didn't make it because of a headache and Dad didn't go because the hot water heater at there house was leaking this morning. Going again tommorrow, either back to Antero or Tarryall. Maybe Elevenmile? ???

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Slayer called and said he was there yesterday also and the fishing was really bad. he was there from 7 to 1 and caught one 14" bow.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Dayum!! Antero didnt get slow till almost end of ice season last year.

Technique that worked end of year last year for me was... Move, Move, Move...

If i didnt mark a fish in about 15-20 min i would move! Doesn't even always have to be very far.... But keep moving until you find fish!

Better luck next time!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Me and a buddy will be going up to Antero tomorrow, hopefully the fishing will be better. I ordered a Marcum vs625sd underwater camera and the thing doesn't arrive until tomorrow...1 day late so looks like I won't be able to use it. Oh well, next time I'll be able to see them at least.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well were going to Tarryall Res. in the morning. Confidence builder. I struck out at Antero today and Dad did on Tuesday. Be back next week to try the big A. Tried wax worms, Powerbait, nightcrawlers on Ratfinkee, Kastmaster, Swedish Pimple, Slugbug, and Genz gloworm.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That lake is gunna be tuff until it gets a little snow on the ice. Fish are probally spooked due to all the traffic that they have faced recently. I know where to find 'em and I aint gunna tell! >:D

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
fishmanlee said:
That lake is gunna be tuff until it gets a little snow on the ice. Fish are probally spooked due to all the traffic that they have faced recently. I know where to find 'em and I aint gunna tell! >:D
YEAH, YAEH, Lets see some evidence, bro-

·
Registered
262 Posts
fishmanlee said:
Bright and clear ... size the baits down. If you really want to get technical, bring a tarp and lay it out around your setup and create a shade patch. I also have a little better action by cutting my deadstick hole at least 30 feet from where I sit. They won't catch motion from a distance. If they are coming around but really finicky, drop a 12" leader off your primary hook and tie on a #18 bead nymph with just a touch of wax worm gut on it for flavor.

·
Registered
701 Posts
YEAH, YAEH, Lets see some evidence, bro-

Can't talk too much chit 'cause I haven't even been out yet this year. Hopefully this weekend though.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Bruce Gillis said:
I'm not trying to bust your balls GG , but that fish is 3.5 maybe 4 lbs...and thats being nice ;D.

really nice
went with metalman and keith from the foum that day, both watched the whole 20 min fight. so say what u want.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts