Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Aurora Res about 7am Wed and fished until 2pm. Did not catch anything until 1pm. One 16 inch walleye and One 15 inch trout. Nice day on the water but wish fishing was better. A silver/orange castmaster caught both fish in 40 feet of water with 4 colors of lead line out. Anyone catching wipers how and when? Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pescatore said:
Anyone catching wipers how and when? Thanks.
Caught a 13 lb. fish Sunday evening. Like most fish right now, they are gorging themselves on baitfish up shallow, early and late.

Terrible cellphone pic-

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Altidude

Awesome wiper...great job at Atown!!!...

·
Registered
109 Posts
zman said:
Altidude

Awesome wiper...great job at Atown!!!...
Thanks Zman. I fish Aurora almost as much as you do, and for me, those wipers are few and far between. If anyone is targeting wiper out there, you've got your work cut out for you!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah it aint like normal wiper holes...I have only seen them boil a few times in all the years and it aint for very long...some how the clear water has made them think they are spring creek trout...wind and waves are definately your friend out there...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments and feedback. Have any of you had luck with wipers at Cherry Creek. I guess I should stay with walleye. Spent the summer in Minnesota and had a 26inch and 29 inch within two days. :)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Wow great job on the 26 and 29 inchers...great great fish...I have caught a few wipers at Creek...but I havent targeted them like I have a Aurora...I think you get more topwater action at Creek due to the shad population and the wipers herding them to the top...I would fish the west side from the dam trail...look for birds on the shoreline looking for shad shallow...good topwater areas...and I have heard of trolled spinnerbaits mainlake working...big tandem ones...I tried it once and caught a huge crappie and then I was chased by jet skiers and cigar boats...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts