Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the kiddos camping this weekend at Carter. It was my 18 month daughters first trip, and she absolutely loved it! Only fished from 5:30-8:30 on Saturday, but caught two Bows and 1 small Walleye trolling bottom bouncers and crawler harness in depths of about 20-35 feet. It was my first time on the boat at Carter, and first time trolling a crawler harness. Seems like an effective technique, but not the type of fishing I enjoy the most. At least it was a good opportunity to scout some good spots to anchor and cast/ fish from shore on later trips. Water temp was showing at 70.6 degrees on the Lowrance.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TB,

I am no hardcore walleye guy, but I have some friends that are very good at it. Bait and bottom bouncers just dont produce now, going into the fall like they do in May-July.

There is generally so much food in shad base lakes(I dont think Carter is one?), that you really have to get a reaction bite outta the fish. Casting and fishing aggressively with 1/4-3/8 oz ballhead jigs with plastics or trolling cranks is a better option now. And jerkbaits in any of the low light periods.

Keep at it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts