Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did not have time to go to the Flattops, so I made a compromise and went somewhere close in the front range. Total hiking distance was about 6 miles Round Trip, and we saw a Moose on the way in. The lake is at 10,300 feet and we were there just a few days after it completely thawed. Fishing was slow, fished 6AM - 12PM I caught three Brookies at 10, 12, and 13" . My buddy caught two at 13, and 14".

I only caught one on spinning gear with a barbless Dynamic HD Trout. The rest were caught fly fishing with Thin Mints. The Brookies wanted nothing to do with nymphs that day.
Here are a few pictures:

IMG_20200602_101005.jpg IMG_20200602_105645.jpg IMG_20200602_080453.jpg IMG_20200602_054747.jpg IMG_20200602_101703.jpg IMG_20200602_090147.jpg

·
Registered
280 Posts
Awesome man! Always love seeing/hearing about a good fishing adventure in the mountains! Sorry you couldn't get to the flat tops but looked like a good time regardless...Moose are scary, I've only ever seen them in the wild from my Car up deep in Northern Minnesota. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome man! Always love seeing/hearing about a good fishing adventure in the mountains! Sorry you couldn't get to the flat tops but looked like a good time regardless...Moose are scary, I've only ever seen them in the wild from my Car up deep in Northern Minnesota. Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks Tyler, yeah I will still try to get to Flattops this year. Just gonna have to be in July or September probably. I'm surprised that you guys haven't seen Moose in Colorado yet as much as you get out. I remember reading about a healthy population in Grand Mesa a few years ago.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm surprised that you guys haven't seen Moose in Colorado yet as much as you get out. I remember reading about a healthy population in Grand Mesa a few years ago.
I've seen tracks A LOT and I hear there is a bunch up there but only seen pictures of them in this state. Hoping if I run into one, it's from a distance lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts