Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to my favorite spot yesterday after 4:30pm and there was about 7 people there already, By the time I left at 7:00pm, there was none. Fishing was real slow, only iced 5 crapies and a 12" walleye which went back to the hole as soon as I got him unhooked. All fish was caught on spoon tiped with live minnow dead sticking. I think I met Catfishking out there, he gave me the rest of his minnow as he was leaving. He was not talking too much at first but warmed up as the conversation struck about other lake Southeast of Denver. If that was you Catfishking, it was nice finally meet you. I met your brother few years back at Boyd and he was killing the blue gills back then (I mentioned about that in one of my posts). Ice was around 10 inches thick and hard.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Yep, thats my fav spot out there. Its the ONLY spot out there. ;D I got a 12" slab crappie and one of those tilapias at the end.

Fun BS'in with everyone-

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Was At Aurora yesterday, and ever since the big snow fall the fishing has been extremely slow! We found several fish on the sonar but was very hard to get them to byte! Had to jigg them very agressively! I personally caught two trout about 14" from 7am to 4pm.
On a Side not I would love to try Barr Lake! I love Crappie and it's my favorite! I have allways found crappie to only byte early morning and late evening! " Lovetofish" I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow up north!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pat,

I didn't take any pictures last night. I know you like perch, wait for about 6 months and we can fish for them there on my boat. I guarantee that you will get your limit of them 7 - 12" in few hours (if the fishing was hot like last fall). I finally met both King brothers there last night but didn't recognize Kokaneeking since we first met few years ago at Boyd, and didn't know slayerfish was the one next to me. He didn't exactly lived up to his name last night.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
lovetofish said:
He didn't exactly lived up to his name last night.
Hey Hey now, I was the only one of 9 others who caught anything of substance out there. Besides you with those trained minnows- ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts