Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out for a couple hours tonight. Yesterday during the day, I hooked and lost a nice bow so I wanted to land something. Got one fat twenty incher. I was using my dark blue/purple and clear rogue, the same lure I got the big brown on. I tried a bunch of different retrieves because the trout usually like it fast while the walleye seem to prefer a slower retrieve. Can't wait for school to be over so winter break fishing of 2016 can begin!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nice Whomp!

I'm not that far from you. I'm in Longmont, we should all fish together when Bobby is done with his program.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice Whomp.

I did the same only no trout. Just tons of perch and a few nice bass. Eyes didn't want to play early so I didn't hang around more than an hour after sundown. Can't do the late night stuff now that I'm not self-employed anymore.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
I need to get out b4 everthing locks up...good work!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Solid fish dude! It's sick when you get bite on a jerkbait but its just as awesome catching that fish through the ice, to bad you couldn't use that rogue somehow as it seems to be a fish magnet :thumb:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to get out b4 everthing locks up...good work!
I'm hitting the lakers tomorrow. Got only one class and there's no lecture so I'm chasing soft water pigs while I still can. Losing thst swimbait laker had me in the fetal position for like a week. Gotta redeem myself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm hitting the lakers tomorrow. Got only one class and there's no lecture so I'm chasing soft water pigs while I still can. Losing thst swimbait laker had me in the fetal position for like a week. Gotta redeem myself.
Hardest fighting fish in Colorado! Take care of those pigs as they are very old man. Jerk baits are indeed a blast and entice those big ones but if they don' eat the whole thing you can end up with one treble in the mouth and the other buried in the body, or worse, an eye. Good luck on your outing and crimp those barbs whomp! :-X

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I feel your pain. I lost a pretty big laker (for my level) when I was fishing with slayer once. When i think about it I still get sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Jeet it? That 1 eye would make as many tacos as my limit of perch-

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hardest fighting fish in Colorado! Take care of those pigs as they are very old man. Jerk baits are indeed a blast and entice those big ones but if they don' eat the whole thing you can end up with one treble in the mouth and the other buried in the body, or worse, an eye. Good luck on your outing and crimp those barbs whomp! :-X
Why are you back?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts