Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slow warm afternoon. Took me 4 hrs to get these. Missed a few, lost 1 halfway up. That hurts when it's this slow. Edges are BRUTAL. can't last much more than a week-

·
Registered
459 Posts
If the edges were sketchy a few days ago, but it's cold now and will be tomorrow, any chance it'll be safe up there? I'm new to this ice stuff, and not sure how it'll behave.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Throw big rocks like we use to in the old days. I would bomb one as high as I could if it didn't go through Slayer would precede to rock then I would follow and repeat. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Throw big rocks like we use to in the old days. I would bomb one as high as I could if it didn't go through Slayer would precede to rock then I would follow and repeat. :biggrin1:
Yep I figure a 4lb rock thrown as high as Tommy could would have a force of like 200 lbs when it hit the ice. always worked!:D

·
Registered
459 Posts
It was good yesterday. We used a spud bar, but the ice was a solid 6-8 inches on the lake. We found a school pretty close to the dam, and they were hungry!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.