Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow warm afternoon. Took me 4 hrs to get these. Missed a few, lost 1 halfway up. That hurts when it's this slow. Edges are BRUTAL. can't last much more than a week-

·
Registered
408 Posts
If the edges were sketchy a few days ago, but it's cold now and will be tomorrow, any chance it'll be safe up there? I'm new to this ice stuff, and not sure how it'll behave.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only way is to go walk check.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
If the edges were sketchy a few days ago, but it's cold now and will be tomorrow, any chance it'll be safe up there? I'm new to this ice stuff, and not sure how it'll behave.
Wear a PFD and leave a change of clothes in the car......

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Throw big rocks like we use to in the old days. I would bomb one as high as I could if it didn't go through Slayer would precede to rock then I would follow and repeat. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Throw big rocks like we use to in the old days. I would bomb one as high as I could if it didn't go through Slayer would precede to rock then I would follow and repeat. :biggrin1:
Yep I figure a 4lb rock thrown as high as Tommy could would have a force of like 200 lbs when it hit the ice. always worked!:D

·
Registered
408 Posts
It was good yesterday. We used a spud bar, but the ice was a solid 6-8 inches on the lake. We found a school pretty close to the dam, and they were hungry!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was good yesterday. We used a spud bar, but the ice was a solid 6-8 inches on the lake. We found a school pretty close to the dam, and they were hungry!
Sweet. good job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts