Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after the humiliation and humbleness of my last 5 trips on Metro waters, for a total of 5 walleyes.

I decided to go up to my favorite place in Colorado, to remember what it was like to have a rod-bending day once again. And she didn't disappoint ;)

Started out @ 7:30, fished 47ft of water, and caught 29 Lakers (couldn't land #30) between 15in. - 21in. ( plus a cute little 8 incher) Silver buck shot, and tubes tipped with sucker did the trick. 4in. tube wasn't hooking up so well so downsized to 2.5 in. and that was a key move! Brown tubes killed it ( ak crayfish) Also broke out the JJ and for the record, it was 5 for 5 as a dead stick rod. went off 5 times, with 5 fish hooked up.

Don't usually keep Laker's, but ate a couple last year that were actually pretty good, and a friend of mine just got a smoker, so I figured I'd give him something to try it out.

The obligatory Slayer meat picts:

Pile O Meat:

It was an amazing day, it's nice to feel like a real fisherman again ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good stuff, man! Pretty sure I know where those pink fillets come from. :D

·
P I K E
10,268 Posts
Nice job Johnny!!! THX for sharin!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Great report Johnny. I need to the same confidence booster, which is why I'm heading to Granby this weekend.

Nice Fish!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice! If I saw more walleye ice pics I'd be more motivated to try to get out more. The idea of fishing through a frozen hole for bobos and perch doesn't sound too amazing though. Sure I could travel and go for other species but why waste the money when open water is right around the corner. Come on spring!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts