Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rarely have I dealt with this much slush.

Got a few more piglets today. 5-6" of slush when we left at 430pm. Feet were soaked on like the second step onto the ice. :p Stuck it out we got 6 perch between 5 people. Ice became unstable around 430 pm. ;)

This one went 13.000" and 1.35 lbs.

Slushfest 2019:

More slush:

Widow Maker:

Wet legs:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
dont know what you mean unstable,didnt seem worth a crap all day!good job on the perch all we managed was sliders. got back to the truck and my drivers side side window was laying in the street thanks somebody!!!

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
During shoveling that slush yesterday I thought about you and the condition of 2-3 inches of ice with six inches of water/slush on top...I am glad I opted for tequila and football instead...just BRUTAL...5 crazies 40 man hours...thats .15 perch per hour...that's slower than Z in the 100 meter hurdles!!!!...wow just wow...I hope the perch taco (singular) was worth it!...although you have more fish than VandDeCamps!

·
Registered
802 Posts
dont know what you mean unstable,didnt seem worth a crap all day!good job on the perch all we managed was sliders. got back to the truck and my drivers side side window was laying in the street thanks somebody!!!
Nice football Mike. Glen, that sucks, was your truck the only one that got the window busted out?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
yeah I guess I didn't mean the window it was the side mirror, still cost me $84 dollars to fix, pretty sure the guy on the bobcat plowing snow was the one responsible just can't prove it.was a pretty tough day all in all the walk the slush and the fishing.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I guess I didn't mean the window it was the side mirror, still cost me $84 dollars to fix, pretty sure the guy on the bobcat plowing snow was the one responsible just can't prove it.was a pretty tough day all in all the walk the slush and the fishing.
Yah I was gonna say not your typical window-smashing Atown neighborhood!;D

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Rarely have I dealt with this much slush.

Got a few more piglets today. 5-6" of slush when we left at 430pm. Feet were soaked on like the second step onto the ice. :p Stuck it out we got 6 perch between 5 people. Ice became unstable around 430 pm. ;)

This one went 13.000" and 1.35 lbs.

Slushfest 2019:

More slush:

Widow Maker:

Wet legs:
Why ? sounds miserable

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice perch Mikey.

Glad I had to work.... Doesn't sound like a whole hell of a lot of fun was had.
Actually it was excellent fun. I'm Polish I can handle a little cold. ;D There were perch all over the marcums all day just very tough to get 'em going. it was warm no wind peace and quiet for sure. In fact after 1130 had the entire lake to ourselves. Prolly a reason for that. Also some good adventure. We all watched a herd of deer with 2 bucks playing around on the walk in. Also saw a coyote up close on the way in. And I got a 13" perch. Not a bad day at all!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Johnny might have a different opinion.:eek::eek:
So Here's the scoop;

Glad we didn't make any widows on this day!. Fishing was SLOW to say the least, only 6 perch all day, with a few slimers thrown in. Feet were soaked all day, but weather was warm, so not too bad. Was absolutely one of the weirdest/scariest things to ever happen to me. One second I'm standing there jigging up a perch, the next I'm like what the hell? & the bottom falls out right from under me :eek: As I was falling I tossed my rod and caught myself on the edges of the ice. Stu grabbed my sled & I popped right out. Pretty lucky considering we were in 36ft of water & the ice didn't break around me as I got out, and it was warm. We were fishing there all day. Never saw 3 guys pack up and get the hell out of dodge so quickly!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Damn, you guys been testing those limits a bit this year. "You guys" being slayer crew. Glad you hopped right out and all was well.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
So Here's the scoop;

Glad we didn't make any widows on this day!. Fishing was SLOW to say the least, only 6 perch all day, with a few slimers thrown in. Feet were soaked all day, but weather was warm, so not too bad. Was absolutely one of the weirdest/scariest things to ever happen to me. One second I'm standing there jigging up a perch, the next I'm like what the hell? & the bottom falls out right from under me :eek: As I was falling I tossed my rod and caught myself on the edges of the ice. Stu grabbed my sled & I popped right out. Pretty lucky considering we were in 36ft of water & the ice didn't break around me as I got out, and it was warm. We were fishing there all day. Never saw 3 guys pack up and get the hell out of dodge so quickly!
I went for a swim like that 5 or 6 years ago......... Two others followed me in for a swim as they were trying to fish me out. Quickrelease who was on good ice, fished us all out. Ocean Lake Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I went for a swim like that 5 or 6 years ago......... Two others followed me in for a swim as they were trying to fish me out. Quickrelease who was on good ice, fished us all out. Ocean Lake Wyoming.
That was the weird thing, the ice just made about a 3ft. circle around me. I was afraid that as I tried to get out, the ice would break, but it was fine all around us. And thank goodness it was warm out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts