Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished through the Hardwater for the first time up in Rangely a week and a half ago!We love that place for open water so we were hoping to get some good luck on the ice too.

Ice was a solid 2 feet but with a foot or more of slush/water on top of that...made the day pretty tough, and Sam had to call it quits after several hours due to her feet being very cold. She was a trooper though and toughed it out for as long as she could. Remy and I fished on! The day was a tough one but we did manage some Mountain Whitefish, which is a new species for me!;D

We won't be going back to that ice until next ice season!
Got some good drone shots of the area and still had fun out there!!
Hope you all enjoy the video!!

https://youtu.be/loJnZasaE64

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congrats on landing a white fish through the lake I figured some of them make it into a lake. Feels like Manitoba lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on landing a white fish through the lake I figured some of them make it into a lake. Feels like Manitoba lol
Thanks Cro! Couldn't believe I got a couple of them...I have fished that lake alot and never ran into one or heard of someone getting them...Must be a hard water thing. That lake depth really transforms during the winter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looked like a beautiful day less the wet slush. Pretty cool fish to catch too. Are they any good eating?
It was really nice and warm even with the cloud coverage. That slush was tough though for sure. Was more water then slush haha. I've heard they're good to eat from several people, some say to smoke them because of the taste. I'm going up to white river hopefully in the next week or two to fish, since i've never fished it. Heard its a great place to catch whitefish, I'll try a catch and cook if I can land any of them haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts