Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beauty of small stream brookies is that they will hit anything. The down size is  that they are pretty small. This one came from a stream at 10,500 ft on a may fly- but like I said they would hit anything. Egg patterns,midges,any dry fly, etc.  The only down side of the trip is that I broke my fly rod. Oh well,  these things happen.

I won't tell where this stream is -- but there are hundreds if not thousands of them in Colorado -- get out and find one -- its a blast

·
Registered
12 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the fishing report section. I don't know how many countless so called "reports" I have read that don't give any actual info. Maybe I'm crazy but someone should start a bragging catagory for these type of posts. Just my two cents.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Chief, sounds like you are a little bitter.
And for your info every small mountain stream in CO has about the same report for brookies. any fly will do. So go fish.

Peace,
Mauser

flyfish said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the fishing report section.  I don't know how many countless so called "reports" I have read that don't give any actual info.  Maybe I'm crazy but someone should start a bragging catagory for these type of posts.  Just my two cents.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Pretty brookie. Here are a few I picked up this spring from the Grand Mesa. They were all about 12". I wish more people would keep the ones caught in streams to keep them from stunting.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice fish mauser, i did the same thing toady in the....rocky mountains, hehe, caught two lil guys drifting worms

dear flyfish, the author of a fishing report can give as much or as little information ashe/she wants, stop complaining and catch ur own fishies

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i tell folks were i catch my brookies as almost every brookie stream or lake needs some thining id rather have a shot at some 2 pound brookies than catching 100 10"ers

and i think some were before it was said that the reports should say were when and how and i have seen posts moved in the past when they didnt include that info

but in his defense he did say a small stream at 10,500 with a mayfly so thats not to "secretive" although he didnt say when if you want to split hairs lol

but maybe karma bit him in the but already he did say he broke his rod right?

so comon down and thin out the brookies in my streams and soon we might get some biger fish

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Karma didn't bite me, the damn car door did. But hey, 6 years on a 70 dollar fly rod -- not to bad in my book. 
Its not the fish I am worried about -- its the area.It was intrusted to me by a friend, and I will not give up an area that someone has intrusted to me. As far as moderators moving this post -- go for it -- I will only cry into my pillow for a few hours

As far as catching small fish. Sometimes thats all I want to do. Some days I would rather catch 40 small brookies along a couple of miles of stream  than bust my butt all day long for one decent fish. Its not always about catching the big one, so if it means that many of these streams will stay under fished and over poplulated, well thats alright by me. There are plenty of streams that have huge fish -- but with that comes the huge crowds.

OURAY -- Damn nice fish! Don't worry I won't get upset if you don't give me GPS coordinates to the exact spot you caught them

roadkill said:
i tell folks were i catch my brookies as almost every brookie stream or lake needs some thining id rather have a shot at some 2 pound brookies than catching 100 10"ers

and i think some were before it was said that the reports should say were when and how and i have seen posts moved in the past when they didnt include that info

but in his defense he did say a small stream at 10,500 with a mayfly so thats not to "secretive" although he didnt say when if you want to split hairs lol

but maybe karma bit him in the but already he did say he broke his rod right?

so comon down and thin out the brookies in my streams and soon we might get some biger fish

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive had some of my best spots ruined by showing other people ...I wouldnt have given up a location either ......and besides it wasnt a report on a lake where tiger muskies bite on every cast .....its a brookie stream .....drive up any mountain road and your bound to run into some .......good report I enjoyed the pics ...and roadkill a 2lb brookie wow....I never really target brookie's I think im gonna start ...eagerness to bite and good table fare.....yup a trip is in order

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i know what you mean about protecting an area i have a few that i keep under wraps i jjust post them pics over in fishing

and for anyone else comon down to hermit with me i have never not got a limit of 12"ish brookies and right after ice out your arms will be so tired from catching fish youll just sit under a tree going WOW and its only ,1/2 mi flat walk to the jeep

let me know ill we can meet in westcliffe and ill drive us up got room for 3
and if your game can cook em over a campfire

·
Registered
804 Posts
quote author=mauser link=topic=3426.msg32037#msg32037 date=1126484611]
OURAY -- Damn nice fish! Don't worry I won't get upset if you don't give me GPS coordinates to the exact spot you caught them

Lol I dont know about the GPS coordinates but I will tell you it was Weir and Johnson Reservoir. I also enjoy solitude over size of fish. Nothing better than a few miles of stream to ones self! It is definately getting harder to find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts