Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the BC this morning just up from Morrison. Caught a half a dozen litttle browns, 5-6 inches. One on a copper RS2 caddi, I think that's what it was anyway, the rest on a small plastic minnow with a little spinner on it I bought from Wally world. Man they were hitting that thing like crazy. Tried my gold panther martin, just looked and hid. Anyone fished up there lately. Wonder if they get any bigger up further.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Is part of bear creek still closed because of the mud snail?
I have an old bladed minnow that they dont make anymore and its falling apart but the trout tear it up when I use it... I need to do some research and find out what it is so I can ebay some or something.
I would look for deeper holes to try and find some bigger ones, especially browns, BC use to produse some nice ones.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't go up far enough to no if parts are closed or not. Gotta watch out for the mudsnails though about anywhere nowadays.

F

·
0 Posts
ive caught them as big as 17 on bear creek on rapala's and night crawlers ......there is a spot you can park on the right side of the road and go under in a little tunnel to the river thats where I used to always do good ......if you see it on the right side there is a little blue rope going across it ......make sure you dont block it its for emergency vechicles ....man my spelling gets better by the day ...where is the spell check on here

F

·
0 Posts
isnt it just artifical right under evergreen ...but not the hole river into bear creek res.....There isnt any signs if so ....Right under evergreen its posted other then that Im pretty sure its under normal state rules

·
Registered
144 Posts
From the Colorado Regulations & Property Directory (2005)

Bear Creek - Jefferson County

From the base of Evergreen Lake dam downstream to Bear Creek Res:

a. Artificial flies and lures only.

b. Bag and possession limit for trout (except rainbow) is 2 fish.

c. All rainbow trout must be returned to the water immediately.

(page 16)

-------------------------

I always carry a copy of the regulations book so I can look-up rules for waters I'm not familiar with or unsure about. Also, when the new editions are issued, I look-up waters I'm familiar with to see if any rules have changed from the previous year.

I guess this comes from my railroad days. We'd never make a questionable move without first consulting the rule book. The last thing you'd want to do is... "Get in the $hit!"

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
excelent post dante thanks for clearing that up

F

·
0 Posts
wow ...thanks dante .....im glad you stopped me before the dow did .........they need more signs displaying rules and regs ......on the big thompson you can go a bend or two without reading the regs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts