Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know lots of people on this site probably angry about me reviewing a small Metro lake's hot spot to the thousands of lurkers on this site but.... If you don't want to drive too far from Denver, don't want to pay for entrance fee, catch stockers, then go to Rocky Mountain Lake off I-70 and Federal Blvd. Power bait and Kast Master are the tickets right now. ' Did I do bad? ' ;D

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Weezy said:
Manboobs said:
Weezy said:
My buddy got a nice Mackinaw out of there using a kastmaster with powerbait on the end!
Powerbait on the end of the kastmaster or on the end of the mackinaw?
Green powerbait in a glob on the treble of the Kasty - works great for macks over there.
Should you spit on it first? My cousin always swore by this. With anything that smells "fishy".

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Levi Garret works better than Redman there but if you go to Berkeley just swap it. Grew up less than a mile from both used to fish them all the time.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Manboobs said:
Weezy said:
Manboobs said:
Weezy said:
My buddy got a nice Mackinaw out of there using a kastmaster with powerbait on the end!
Powerbait on the end of the kastmaster or on the end of the mackinaw?
Green powerbait in a glob on the treble of the Kasty - works great for macks over there.
Should you spit on it first? My cousin always swore by this. With anything that smells "fishy".
You can - but I like to get the PB dough, and get about a golf ball size glob, then get the biggest Kastmaster you can, and coat the treble hook.

Huck it out there - tighten your line, and you will have a 30" mack in no time!

Then if you really want big fish, slice up the mackinaw and use it as bait. You will catch 60" pike GUARANTEED! That lake is legit

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I compiled this Super Secret list of lakes to fish for the Elusive Rainbow trout.. this is only for the eyes of the Colorado fisherman website members so if you are a guest.. please look away!!

I said look away !! Dayum lurkers

Whew... Looks safe now .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts