Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever fished the little lakes around Guanella Pass? I was thinking of taking my son and wife to Duck lake tomorrow morning... If so, were there any fish?

Was also considering Jefferson Lake, northeast of Fairplay.

I have only fished rivers and streams up til now, but wanted to try a small lake. Any wisdom would be appreciated. Should I use salmon eggs, earthworms, etc?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If there are trout in the lakes you're talking about, I would try some rainbow powerbait W/glitter. You're always in with a shot to catch fish with powerbait. I would also bring some small Kastmaster's, if you get bored easily with deadsticking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Just got of the phone with my uncle who said Jefferson lake was biting well a few weeks ago. Both his son and he caught close to their limit. We are going together sometime in August to see if the lake is still doing good.

·
Registered
831 Posts
How about a contest? The biggest fish caught out of private waters.
No getting permission allowed.
Just tell them you lost your kite in the lake and you were trying to fish it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLAYERFISH said:
Duck lake fishes real well but it is private.
Dangiiiittttt!!!! (Napoleon Dynamite voice)
Slayer, do you know of any other small lakes that are not private?
Who owns Duck lake? Are they fisherman friendly? I may just ask and see if they will let me...

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Shmily-the square top lakes on Guanell are cool. As is Murray and Silver Dollar. Naylor lake has nice fish also but it is private too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ive fished both duck lake and naylor and yes they are both private. This was years ago. Two of my buddies and I did some cabin restoration on duck lake in exchange for fishing. The lady who owned it was named Julie ,but that was years ago dont know if she still owns it? Duck lake is full of beautiful greenbacks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
She sold it last summer, yes they are still in there, we have an exclusive lease on fishing it, look us up Coloradooutdoorsports.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts