Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Small pond Bass!

990 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rivrunnr1 
#1 ·
Went fishing with a buddy on friday after school!! Went to a pond in wheat ridge and I caught 5 bass in the matter of an hour in a half! Nothing too impressive and we were using trout lures anyway. Went back the next day(saturday) and i caught 4 (actually used a spinner bait and caught a decent size bass!) , my other friend caught 2, and my other friend caught 3. all with in 2 hours. Thought we would go back sunday with even more friends but ended up not getting anything but i went back later that day with a friend for about 30min and we each caught 1. Nothing really that great about 8in to 13in but it was sure nice to get out there and catch some fish!! sure wish I had an auger during winter so I could of done some ice fishing.

#2 ·
I think it's awesome you're getting a bunch of your friends onto some fish. But just be a bit aware of who you tell, or those bass could be cleaned out in no time, especially by people who like big bass.

At spawning time they are kinda easy to catch, and in some ponds 1 stringer full of big female bass could potentially destroy a small lake. Its that time of year where if you keep bass to eat, please educate yourself on the resource you are taking from.

#3 ·
Fistfullafish said:
I think it's awesome you're getting a bunch of your friends onto some fish. But just be a bit aware of who you tell, or those bass could be cleaned out in no time, especially by people who like big bass.

At spawning time they are kinda easy to catch, and in some ponds 1 stringer full of big female bass could potentially destroy a small lake. Its that time of year where if you keep bass to eat, please educate yourself on the resource you are taking from.
Good Post!!

#4 ·
Fistfullafish said:

And yes a am educated on the resource and I'm sure not taking from it. Catch and release buddy!

#5 ·
fishhead101 said:
Fistfullafish said:

And yes a am educated on the resource and I'm sure not taking from it. Catch and release buddy!
Nice dude! Well done on getting them!

I think that FFF was just saying that other people will hotspot if you tell them where the lake is....not saying that you do it.

Again. Well done man!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.