Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe I broke down and went and re-upped myself in the ice game. Found an old tip to a nice fly rod and built me an ice rod. When I gave all my shart to my kid on the way out to Florida i swore i was done...Always lying to myself.

The ice fishing in Wyoming is good, maybe even better than good. First drop, smallest fish of the day. Strong...Orange/Red meated fatties that actually rip drag.

Two more seasons of this crap then back to the milder winters, until then...trout for supper.

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's like perch size. :p

JUMBO perch size.

Glad you had a good time out.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do miss Pelican and Harvey for LMB. Whats going on at Pelican? Is it still paradise for Gills and LMB?

What's happening at Crawford? has the CPW ruined it beyond repair or is it fishing well?

Ford and Will will be here for break and we will be fishing everyday! I cannot wait. (unless the wind is blowing :eek:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
You never hear a word about Pelican. They raised the limit to 20 gills about 10 years ago and I don't know how that affected the fishery. CPW netted most of the pike at Crawford but we caught a number of 14 inchers through the ice last winter. Bucket loads of crappie but most are too small to eat. Perch are make a rebound but ice fishing pressure is unreal. Perch numbers are down at Rifle as well. Two of us fished from dark to dark last week and only caught 9 fish. I tried to text you some pics but it failed. I must have the wrong number. Starts with 239. Send me an email with the right number and I will text you some pictures.

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts