Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the DOW stocked some smallmouth fingerlings in here 4-5 yrs. ago I've never caught one, never heard of anyone catching one. Does anybody have any info. on this? If any survived they should be catchable size now. Ed

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting this back up top-hope somebody has some info on this. Ed

E

·
0 Posts
Ya know...the pike have sure been getting bigger!!!! :eek:

We fish there both on open water and during ice season...never even SEEN a smallie, although it is true that they were stocked....exPENSIVE fish food if you ask me!

B

·
0 Posts
I've Fished 11 mile hard for the past 3 years and have never seen or heard of any body catching smallies but I do recall hearing that the DOW Stocked them. I don't think anyone fishes for them. Try calling the Parks office?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Someone I work with swears he catches them all the time in 11 mile. I also know a couple guys from my club that went up there for the smallies but drew a blank as far as I know. It is on my "to do" list for sure this spring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dow only put the smallies in eleven mile as an experiment to see how they would survive. They only put in one or two truck loads. The plan was to try to find an alternative preditor/control fish to the pike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts